Mother Works Cville
Our mission is to empower, educate, support, and help mothers in their unique and essential work.
In our current culture mothers are often working with very little support and even less recognition for the important and consuming work that they do on behalf of their families. Mother Works is a local organization dedicated to helping mothers and their families through all the phases of family life. We work to give mothers the support they need to be the most powerful people they can be, as they nurture their families.
We provide mothering support to families in need of help: caring for children, cooking, organizing, helping to create a home environment that supports the family, helping families to educate their own children if they so choose; and also helping families through specific issues with children, such as discipline and sleep. We also teach classes and host study circles to give mothers the opportunity to engage more deeply with each other and in the intellectual and soulful aspects of their work.
In an age when we are all over-worked and so many of us have far more "stuff" than we need...What better gift to give to any mother than support and time to herself. We have gift certificates available.
What we offer:
* Postpartum doula care through: Month 10 Postpartum Services.
* In-home parent education and intervention for specific issues with children, such as discipline and sleep.
* Respite Mothering for mothers in need of a break, whether during a
difficult time, or on a regular basis for good self care.
* Design and organization of play spaces for young children in the home.
* Home Education consulting: Curriculum advice, learning space design,
*Tutoring in reading and math for individual students in 1st through 8th grades
* Classes and Study circles, for parents and for parents and children
Fees: $30/ hour doula care and respite work
$50/hour Consulting Fee
Contact Dianne Bearinger: 434-989-3311